Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course₹21500
About this course
The course prepares you to get skilled in the processes, standards, and tools knowledge required to start the career as a technical writer. The course also helps freshers as well as professional technical writers to face the workplace challenge of working in Agile implementing DDLC. Apart from the most popular and trending authoring tools, the course trains you to think like a technical writer in the IT industry.
Fundamentals of Technical Writing course is a gateway to the world of authoring, reviewing and editing user documents using Agile and DITA methodologies.
The modules were very well articulated and explained in a simplified manner. Creating sample documents practically provided an insight to the trainees on the ways of working in the corporate world, and the usage of tools for creating the documents gave a hands on experience.
The trainers are very helpful and approachable. The webinars conducted by TWT was icing on the cake, it not only helped build the base as a Technical Writer but also gave a vision on how we can expand our horizons into other domains.
Overall experience is beyond my expectation. Guidelines given by trainers (Punit and Amandeep)were amazing.
If you want to uplift or polish your tech writing skills from basic, it’s my personal suggestion to join Tech Writer's Tribe.
Being new to the industry I really enjoyed learning new course. It helped me in doing more assignment on my own.
I have gained so much confidence after joining the course. Learned new tools and techniques which helped me to enhance my skills for technical writing. Highly recommended.
I was very satisfied with the course content, right from introduction to learning tools. This course helped to upskill my career as a technical writer.
I have attended many courses in TWT and all of them seem to be well planned and executed. It is evident that the trainers are knowledgable and that they have meticulously prepared the slides and study material (shared after the course).
Even though the trainings run for 2-3. hours, the trainer's energy level remains constant and they are eager to answer any query that comes their way. I wish all the very best to TWT in their endeavour to impart knowledge through such trainings!
Classes were good, thank you all.
Course was easy to understand, understood all topics clearly, thank you all for your training.
This is one of the must have for those who are starting their career as a TW.
Even for an experienced professionals this training is a great refresher course. Lot of great things can be learnt.
Special thanks to Punit for setting up the training in a great manner.
When I came to know about this course, I was a little sceptical about enrolling as I do not have any technical background.
Still, I went ahead and enrolled. I have completed the course successfully, and now I can vouch for the usefulness of this course without any hesitation!
It covers all the basics of technical writing that can get you started with your career in this field.
Mr. Punit is an excellent teacher who monitors each and every student individually throughout the course, and gives feedback/advice as and when needed. All the sessions are very interactive and keep you engaged throughout.
The best part of the course is the sample guides that you prepare as assignments. These guides can be used as sample work to apply for jobs, which is particularly useful for freshers like me.
If you're looking for a career in technical writing, or want to improve your skills as a technical writer, then this is the course for you!
(On DITA+Beyond Documentation)
It was a wonderful session and a great learning experience. I liked the way Pallavi presented giving specific examples to explain API; Subhajit's journey as a Conversation Designer; and Punit's way of presenting along with UI samples, kept the audience stay focused on the topic throughout.
The DITA workshop with Aman was very interactive and the trainer is very knowledgeable and has a stronghold on the topic. He was very patient and supportive in resolving the queries.
Very useful to learn the basics of technical writing. DITA concepts, grammar, markdown editor, and many other useful topics were covered.
Wonderful exposure for me as a beginner in DITA. The API segment was also very good.
UI/UX segment was very informative. Looking up for more such sessions.
IMPORTANT! Registration for Weekly module of this Batch is open. To register in weekend modules of this batch from July 2-Aug 21, visit the Individual Modules Registration page.
Course Name: Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course (Online) Batch 9
- Days of Training: 2 Months
- Sessions: 9 Weekends, 18 Sessions, 54 hours
- Dates of Sessions: July 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24, 30-31, Aug 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28
- Time: 2.30-5.30 PM Indian Standard Time (For all 12 sessions)
- Placement Assistance FOR FRESHERS
- Paid internships projects are available for those who finish exam with minimum 70% marks
8th Batch is going on (April 9-June 5) with full capacity. Registration for full certificate course reached full capacity and had to be closed 4-days before the first class.
Earlier, 7 Batches completed with full capacity in just above 1 years. Professionals from other domains have joined the full course and become skilled to grab opportunities as technical writer in the IT industry.
- Full course: 100+ students completed the course in one year
- Selected Weekly Modules: 100+ professionals from software documentation industry
- Students from multiple countries have participated
Register for full course
The fee includes 18% GST fee as per the Indian government rule.
- Individual Fee: INR 23,500
- Group of 3 or more/Homemakers/Students: INR 22,000
- Homemakers trying to start career (MUST BE STARTING WORK FIRST TIME – Not applicable to those who are starting work after a break)
- Early Bird Fee: INR 22,000 (CLOSED NOW)
Common discount: Discount of 25% / 15% / 10% on total fee for TWT Annual members.
TWTs ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP: View Membership page for details.
How to Register
Pay and register: Select one of the following options:
Option 1 (Fee without processing charges): Use for Banks in India
Use QR Code (All banks of India): Click to Register.
Option 2 (Fee+Processing Charges): Use other payment options (Any Bank in India only): Pay amount with extra processing fee charged by Payment Gateway.
Homemaker/Group of 3/Student: INR 22,500 per participant
(For group of 3 or more, all individuals must register separately)
For 9 weeks full course: INR 24,000
Option 3: For International Students (Banks outside India)
Pay in USD
Who can join!
- All who have started career but want to switch to Technical Writing.
- All Technical Writers who want to excel in Technical Writing and Project Delivery.
- All who want to start career as a Technical Writer.
- All who have taken a break in career and want to join the IT industry as a Technical Writer
Registration is open to people from all countries.
Takeaway from Course
- Become an expert in Technical Writing English
- Learn how to write Concept, Task and Reference Topic
- Learn how to use DITA process
- Earn TW Certificate from a popular and registered Training Institute
- Learn how to understand a product and users like a technical writer
- Learn Multiple Documentation Tools: MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, Oxygen XML, Confluence, MS-Word, Markdown, GitHub, JIRA
- Learn about Agile Project Management process
Requirements for participants
Must have a Desktop/laptop during the session.
Overall Course Curriculum
Week 1 (July 2-3)
Introduction to Technical Documentation and Technical Writing
- What is Technical Documentation
- Industry and Domains using Technical Documentation
- Key components of Technical Documentation
- Who is a Technical Writer?
- Key Skills Required
- How to be a successful Technical Writer
Style guides and Templates
- Types of Style Guides: MSTP, Chicago and others
- Templates: Concept, how to create a template
Week 2 (July 9-10)
Technical Writing English: The Key Skill for a TW
- Parts of Speech (According to technical documentation requirement)
- Syntax -(Sentence construction, Voice, Tense, wordiness)
- American English Standard
- Plain English
Week 3 (July 16-17)
Authoring Processes and Concepts
- Elements of Document (TOC)
- Modular Writing
- Topic-based writing
- Task-based writing
- Scenario-based writing
- Feature-based Writing
Documentation Quality Check
- Quality Measurement
- Readability Index
- Fee for this Module (Both Days) – INR 2500
- Group of 3 or more: INR 2200 each
Week 4 (July 23-24)
Writing guides with global templates:
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Getting Start Guide
- Release Notes
Week 5 (July 30-31)
Working in Agile with cross-functional Teams
- Working in Agile with multiple cross-functional teams
- SDLC and DDLC in Agile
- Using JIRA
- Interviewing SMEs
- Estimating Time and Task
Week 6 (Aug 6-7)
Aug 6 Introduction to DITA (3-hour Workshop) using OXYGEN XML
- DITA Concepts
- Using XML for DITA
- DITA Output
Aug 7 Confluence Workshop
- Fee for this Module (Both Days) – INR 5500
- Only DITA: INR 3500
- Only Confluence – INR 2500
Week 7 (Aug 13-14)
Learning Technical Documentation Tools
Aug 13- MadCap Flare Workshop
Aug 14 – FrameMaker (Structured) Workshop
- Fee for this Module (Both Days) – INR 5000
- Only MadCap Flare: INR 2700
- Only FrameMaker – INR 2700
Week 8 (Aug 20-21): Markdown + GitHub, AsciiDoc + BitBucket to create Portfolio site
Learn how to create Markdown and AsciiDoc projects and work with GitHub and BitBucket, respectively. Also, learn how to create a portfolio page. The
- Learn Markdown to author technical documentation
- Learn how to work with GitHub using Markdown
- Learn AsciiDoc to author technical documentation
- Learn how to work with BitBucket using AsciiDoc
- Create a portfolio page using Jekyll
Aug 20: Markdown + GitHub (View Course page)
Aug 21: AsciiDoc + BitBucket (View course page)
Both Days – INR 2500
Week 9 (Aug 27-28)
- Creating Video using Camtasia by Yuvaraj R
- Working with Screenshot and Diagrams
- Writing for User Interface
- Preparing for interviews and resume management (Mock Interview)
- Closure of the Course with Open House and Exam
About the Instructor
The course will be conducted by 8 instructors led by Punit Shrivastava.
Punit Shrivastava is involved in mentoring and helping technical writing community for a long time. He prefers sharing knowledge and learning with the focus on having a skilled community. He has 20+ years of experience in the field of writing that spreads across writing for English daily, The Asian Age, and 17+ experience in technical documentation.
Technical Writing Fundamental Certificate course Help Desk every week outside session time Group Discussions every week to share knowledge and questions
Introduction to Technical Writing
What is Technical Documentation Industry and Domains using Technical Documentation Key components of Technical Documentation Who is a Technical Writer? Key Skills Required How to be a successful Technical Writer Using MSTP as style guide Creating Template in MS-Word
Learning Technical Writing English
Technical Writing English: The Key Skill for a TW -Grammar —Parts of Speech —Syntax -(Sentence construction, Voice, Tense, wordiness) -American English Standard -Simplified Technical English
Technical Writing Authoring
Authoring Processes and Concepts -Elements of Document (TOC) -Concepts -Structured - Unstructured - Minimalism - DITA Authoring Types Topic-based writing Modular Writing Task-based writing Scenario-based writing Feature-based Writing Documentation Quality Check Quality Measurement Readability Index Validations
User Guide, Quick Start Guide. Getting Start Guide, Release Notes Use global templates for all
Delivering at Workplace on projects
Working in Agile with multiple cross-functional teams SDLC and DDLC in Agile Using JIRA Interviewing SMEs Estimating Time and Task
DITA+XML and Confluence Workshop
Introduction to DITA Using XML for DITA Confluence workshop
MadCap Flare and FrameMaker Workshop
Documentation Tools workshop MadCap Flare FrameMaker
Markdown + GitHub
Markdown + GitHub Pages to create doc website for technical writers
Writing for UI + Preparing for interviews and resume creation
Writing for UI Preparing for interviews and resume creation