Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course₹16000
About this course
The course prepares you to get skilled in the processes, standards, and tools knowledge required to start the career as a technical writer. The course also helps freshers as well as professional technical writers to face the workplace challenge of working in Agile implementing DDLC. The course concludes with a workshop on DITA and information about multiple other sub-domains or fields where technical writers can apply skills to grow in their career.
Fundamentals of Technical Writing course is a gateway to the world of authoring, reviewing and editing user documents using Agile and DITA methodologies.
The modules were very well articulated and explained in a simplified manner. Creating sample documents practically provided an insight to the trainees on the ways of working in the corporate world, and the usage of tools for creating the documents gave a hands on experience.
The trainers are very helpful and approachable. The webinars conducted by TWT was icing on the cake, it not only helped build the base as a Technical Writer but also gave a vision on how we can expand our horizons into other domains.
Overall experience is beyond my expectation. Guidelines given by trainers (Punit and Amandeep)were amazing.
If you want to uplift or polish your tech writing skills from basic, it’s my personal suggestion to join Tech Writer's Tribe.
Being new to the industry I really enjoyed learning new course. It helped me in doing more assignment on my own.
I have gained so much confidence after joining the course. Learned new tools and techniques which helped me to enhance my skills for technical writing. Highly recommended.
I was very satisfied with the course content, right from introduction to learning tools. This course helped to upskill my career as a technical writer.
I have attended many courses in TWT and all of them seem to be well planned and executed. It is evident that the trainers are knowledgable and that they have meticulously prepared the slides and study material (shared after the course).
Even though the trainings run for 2-3. hours, the trainer's energy level remains constant and they are eager to answer any query that comes their way. I wish all the very best to TWT in their endeavour to impart knowledge through such trainings!
Classes were good, thank you all.
Course was easy to understand, understood all topics clearly, thank you all for your training.
This is one of the must have for those who are starting their career as a TW.
Even for an experienced professionals this training is a great refresher course. Lot of great things can be learnt.
Special thanks to Punit for setting up the training in a great manner.
When I came to know about this course, I was a little sceptical about enrolling as I do not have any technical background.
Still, I went ahead and enrolled. I have completed the course successfully, and now I can vouch for the usefulness of this course without any hesitation!
It covers all the basics of technical writing that can get you started with your career in this field.
Mr. Punit is an excellent teacher who monitors each and every student individually throughout the course, and gives feedback/advice as and when needed. All the sessions are very interactive and keep you engaged throughout.
The best part of the course is the sample guides that you prepare as assignments. These guides can be used as sample work to apply for jobs, which is particularly useful for freshers like me.
If you're looking for a career in technical writing, or want to improve your skills as a technical writer, then this is the course for you!
(On DITA+Beyond Documentation)
It was a wonderful session and a great learning experience. I liked the way Pallavi presented giving specific examples to explain API; Subhajit's journey as a Conversation Designer; and Punit's way of presenting along with UI samples, kept the audience stay focused on the topic throughout.
The DITA workshop with Aman was very interactive and the trainer is very knowledgeable and has a stronghold on the topic. He was very patient and supportive in resolving the queries.
Very useful to learn the basics of technical writing. DITA concepts, grammar, markdown editor, and many other useful topics were covered.
Wonderful exposure for me as a beginner in DITA. The API segment was also very good.
UI/UX segment was very informative. Looking up for more such sessions.
Registration for Batch 7 FULL COURSE is closed. Next Batch will be announced in February.
REGISTER FOR SELECTED MODULES (Batch 7 Jan 8-Feb 13)
If you need to register only for one of the six modules or more than one modules (but not the full course), register from individual course pages as given below. Multiple discounts are available for group of three or multiple modules selected.
- Week 1: Introduction to Technical Writing (Write a Quick Start Guide with us) (Scroll down to view details of Week 1)
- Week 2: Technical Writing English Grammar and Writing Standards
- Week 3: Technical Writing Authoring and Reviewing Processes: VIEW COURSE DETAILS AND REGISTER SEPARATELY
- Week 4: Technical Documentation Tools and Migration (MadCap Flare and Markdown): VIEW COURSE DETAILS AND REGISTER SEPARATELY
- Week 5: Agile, DDLC, SMEs and Technical Documentation: VIEW COURSE DETAILS AND REGISTER SEPARATELY
- Week 6: DITA Workshop and Opportunities Beyond Technical Documentation: VIEW COURSE DETAILS AND REGISTER SEPARATELY
Register for full course: 8th Batch: Dates to be announced soon
Course Name: Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course (Online)
Days of Training: 36
Sessions: 6 Weekends, 12 Sessions, 36 hours
Time: 2.30-5.30 PM Indian Standard Time (For all 12 sessions)
JOB ASSISTANCE FOR FRESHERS
- Individual: INR 16000, USD 250
- Early Bird Discount: INR 15000
- Group of 3 or more: INR 14, 500 – Make Single/Separate payments + fill separate forms and enter name of all members of group in the form)
- Student’s Discount: INR 13,600 with Flat 15% Discount on full fee
- More discount: INR 12,000, INR 13,600 or INR 14,400 for TWT Annual members.
TWTs ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP: Avail discounts upto 25% and additional facilities for one year. View Membership page for details.
- Join and Refer: Earn 5% discount for every referral
Who can join!
- All who have started career but want to switch to Technical Writing.
- All Technical Writers who want to excel in Technical Writing and Project Delivery.
- All who want to start career as a Technical Writer.
Registration is open for people from all location.
Takeaway from Course
- Become an expert in Technical Writing English, Concepts, Working on software/hardware project with other teams.
- Earn TW Certificate from a popular and registered Training Institute
Requirements for participants
Must have a Desktop/laptop during the session.
Overall Course Curriculum
Introduction to Technical Documentation and Technical Writing
- What is Technical Documentation
- Industry and Domains using Technical Documentation
- Key components of Technical Documentation
- Who is a Technical Writer?
- Key Skills Required
- How to be a successful Technical Writer
Style guides and Templates
- Types of Style Guides: MSTP, Chicago and others
- Templates: Concept, how to create a template
- Fee for this Module (Both Days) – INR 2000
- Group of 3 or more: INR 1800 each
Technical Writing English: The Key Skill for a TW
- Parts of Speech (According to technical documentation requirement)
- Syntax -(Sentence construction, Voice, Tense, wordiness)
- American English Standard
- Simplified Technical English
Authoring Processes and Concepts
- Elements of Document (TOC)
- Modular Writing
- Topic-based writing
- Task-based writing
- Scenario-based writing
- Feature-based Writing
- Types of Review for Technical Documentation
- Peer Review
- SME Review
Documentation Quality Check
- Quality Measurement
- Readability Index
Technical Documentation Tools and Language
- Categories of tools as per delivery model
- Word-based authoring
- HTML-based authoring
- GitHub for authoring
- Learn Markdown Editor
- Languages for Technical Writers
- Learn MadCap Flare
Working in Agile with cross-functional Teams
- Working in Agile with multiple cross-functional teams
- SDLC and DDLC in Agile
- Using JIRA
- Interviewing SMEs
- Estimating Time and Task
Introduction to DITA (3-hour Workshop) using OXYGEN XML
- DITA Concepts
- Using XML for DITA
- DITA Output
- Conversational Design
- UX writing
- API Documentation
- Reviewing Errors and UI Messages
About the Instructor
The course will be conducted by 5 instructors led by Punit Shrivastava.
Punit Shrivastava is involved in mentoring and helping technical writing community for a long time. He prefers sharing knowledge and learning with the focus on having a skilled community. He has 20+ years of experience in the field of writing that spreads across writing for English daily, The Asian Age, and 17+ experience in technical documentation.
Technical Writing Fundamental Certificate course Help Desk every week outside session time Group Discussions every week to share knowledge and questions
Introduction to Technical Writing
What is Technical Documentation Industry and Domains using Technical Documentation Key components of Technical Documentation Who is a Technical Writer? Key Skills Required How to be a successful Technical Writer
Learning Technical Writing English
Technical Writing English: The Key Skill for a TW -Grammar —Parts of Speech —Syntax -(Sentence construction, Voice, Tense, wordiness) -American English Standard -Simplified Technical English
Technical Writing Authoring and Reviewing
Authoring Processes and Concepts -Elements of Document (TOC) -Concepts -Structured - Unstructured - Minimalism - DITA Authoring Types Topic-based writing Modular Writing Task-based writing Scenario-based writing Feature-based Writing Review Process Types of Review for Technical Documentation Self-review Peer Review SME Review Documentation Quality Check Quality Measurement Readability Index Validations
Documentation Tools and Language
Workshop on Markdown Editor Workshop on MadCap Flare Understanding Categories of tools as per delivery model -Word-based authoring -HTML-based authoring -Wiki-based -GitHub for authoring
Delivering at Workplace on projects
Working in Agile with multiple cross-functional teams SDLC and DDLC in Agile Using JIRA Interviewing SMEs Estimating Time and Task
DITA and Beyond Documentation
Introduction to DITA Using XML for DITA Beyond Documentation Conversation Designer (Voice Bots) UX writing API Documentation Reviewing Errors and UI Messages