Introduction to Technical Writing₹1800
About this course
How to Register
- Open this registration form and fill details: CLICK TO OPEN
- Make Payment and enter transaction ID in registration form
IMPORTANT!! Those who have registered for Technical Writing Fundamentals Course should not register separately for this Module.
Inclusion in the Course
- Session = 6 hours in 2 days (April 3 and 4)
- Helpline = Trainers available to help outside the session duration
- TWO project activities during the session for participants
- Reference toolkit for future usage
- Participation Certificate
Who Should Attend!
- All who want to start career as a professional Technical Writer.
- All who want to switch career from other profession to technical writer
- All who want to develop skills of a technical writer
- All who want to understand technical documentation field
Day 1: Curriculum with Live Project
- Technical Documentation: The third pillar of a company
- Technical Writer: The lucrative profession across the globe
- Who is a Technical Writer?
- How is a TW different from other writer?
- Key skills required to become an accomplished TW
- Career growth path of a Technical Writer?
- Technical Writing English: Simple, Plain and Direct English (Learning with LIVE Practice Session)
- Technical Writing Grammar, Rules, Sentence Structure
- Restricted English
- Plain language
- Direct English
Day 2: Curriculum with Live Project
- Content Modelling
- Domains and Types of Technical Documentation
- Technical Documentation Guides
- Key learning before working on a project
- Style: Concept Introduce writing for UI, writing for cloud
- Chicago Manual
- IBM Style Guide
- Concept and purpose
- Examples – CSS, Markdown
- Working on a Project: How to create a Quick Reference guide
- Before starting to document
- How to write a guide (with example and demo)
- Reviewing the document
- Testing and Delivering the document
About the Instructor
Punit Shrivastava is involved in mentoring and helping technical writing community for a long time. He prefers sharing knowledge and learning with the focus on having a skilled community. He has 20+ years of experience in the field of writing that spreads across writing for English daily, The Asian Age, and 17+ experience in technical documentation.
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.