Using Videos to Tell Stories
1st 25 entries – Rs 150
Company Discount: Buy 3 to avail extra 10/% Discount
Others: Rs 200
Imagine your favorite film. Instead of being released as a single feature, it’s released in bits and pieces and each piece is made by a different person. They don’t have a common narrative and each piece acts as an independent movie. You will be tearing your hair out.
This is exactly the experience most customers have when they try to learn a product by using their video library. Most technical writers and instructional designers focus on creating videos for individual features relevant to a specific release.
Hence, any customer who is new to the product is meandering through a random playlist trying to make sense of how they can derive value from the product.
In this webinar, explore how you can tell the story of your products by creating a video library with a single consistent narrative that explores the story of your product. Some key skills, we will discuss are:
- Interviewing product management, pre-sales, and marketing to understand how they sell the product to customers
- Creating an initial screenplay with relevant personas
- Visualizing how information flows through your product and how that can help determine the narrative
- Writing video scripts for storytelling vs documentation
- Using an assembly line model to rapidly develop and release videos
You can review this playlist to see how we enabled our customers to adopt Clarity in their organizations.
About the Speaker: Akshay Iyer started his career as an instructional designer and worked with Symantec, BMC, and CA Technologies. He then managed a documentation team before becoming an individual contributor and leading the information experience for Clarity in Broadcom. He focuses on how instructional design, digital marketing, UX writing and technical writing can collaborate to create a seamless experience for users.