05 Oct Technical Documentation Tools Workshops: Oxygen XML Author, Confluence and RoboHelp
As part of Technical Documentation Workshops during the Technical Writing Certificate course, TWT also covers the following:
- Adobe Robohelp Workshop: Nov 12 (2022)
- Confluence Workshop (Nov 13, 2022)
- Oxygen XML Author for DITA XML Project: Dec 3 (2022)
Timing: 2.30-5.30 PM IST
This is part of the Technical Documentation Tools Workshops that TWT offers under Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course. These workshops are useful for first-time users of a tool and help the participants get started with using the tool, creating multiple projects, and publishing the outputs.
In other weekly module for tools, we cover MadCap Flare and FrameMaker.
IMPORTANT!! Those who have registered for Technical Writing Fundamentals course should not register separately for this Module.
How to Register
- 3-hour workshop on DITA
- 3-hour workshop on Confluence
- 3-hour workshop on RoboHelp
- Reference toolkit for future usage
- Recording for reference (Limited time)
- Participation certificate
Who Should Attend!
- All who want to learn how to create technical documentation projects using DITA+XML tool (Oxygen XML).
- All who want to apply for jobs where experience of DITA Fundamentals is required.
- All who want to create documentation projects using Confluence.
- All who want to learn how to create a documentation project using Adobe RoboHelp,
Day 1 (Nov 12) Adobe RoboHelp by Khurshid Alam
- Introduction to Adobe RoboHelp
- UI Walkthrough
- Input and Output details
- Create master pages (Left and right)
- Create the title page
- Folder structure and walkthrough
- Create projects using Master pages
- Adding topics
- Structuring using Headings, Lists, and Tables
- Inserting Images
- Creating Links and Cross References
- Topic previews
- Create TOC and section wise TOC
- Design the HTML
- Preview the HTML
- Publish the Outputs
Day 2 (Nov 13) Confluence Workshop by Mridula Menon
Explain what is a WIKI and how is it different from a CCMS.
How to create an account and set up Confluence
Parts of a Confluence Page
- Explain the menu items
- Explain the add ons
- Explain the templates
- Explain the purpose of Space
- Explain how to set up the Space as an admin
- Explain what are pages and how to structure them as per IA
- Explain various tools in pages
- Explain how to use the macros/add-ons
- Explain basics of CQL
- What are labels
- How to structure labels.
- Basics of label management
SEO in Confluence
How does SEO work in Confluence
- How to use templates
- How to create templates
Dec 3: DITA Workshop by Amandeep Singh Talwar
- Introduction to DITA
- DITA Concepts
- DITA & XML
- Working on DITA Project using DITA Editor
After the training, you should be able to
- demonstrate familiarity and application with the DITA authoring environment
- develop technical content using DITA authoring elements
- Introduction to DITA
- Content Models and Information Types
- DITA Map and Bookmap
- DITA Authoring Elements
Ensure that you have installed the tools (that will be shared in the meeting invite) prior to attending the training.
About the Trainers
Khurshid Alam has an experience of more than 16 years in technical writing, web content creation, online help development, UI message writing, collateral writing for reputed software companies. He has been working as a Lead Technical Writer in Quick Heal for the last 11 years. He has five books published to his credit. Two of them are Learn Markdown and Master RoboHelp in 1 Day, which are very popular among the readers. He has been providing training on various authoring tools to empower technical writers.
Amandeep Singh Talwar
Aman Talwar is leading a team at Microchip Technologies, Hyderabad. He has over 15 years of experience in technical communication, which includes writing and managing product and developer documentation for complex software technologies, building and leading global teams, and improving content creation and delivery processes. Before he worked at Xilinx and led a distributed team working on a variety of products and deliverables.
He is actively engaged in several change initiatives, including the transition to DITA and improving the content experience for users. He has a Master’s in Computer Application. He thinks coding is fun, and can often be found writing scripts to take care of drudge work or automate a process.
Connect with Aman at LinkedIn
Mridula is working as Senior Manager, Information Development at GreyOrange, Bengaluru. She is building and managing the Knowledge team that is responsible for bridging the gap between our products and its users. We are also committed to doing everything related to technical content that improves the CX.
She has extensive experience in using Confluence to create client-facing documentation sites and content.