06 Aug TWT Conference (Aug 27)
The conference of Technical Writers at Bengaluru. The in-person conference provides an opportunity for learning, interacting and networking within the community.
Conference of Technical Writers in Bengaluru
Book your seat now as the early bird gets the worm !!!
The ProcessPlease fill the form and make the payment using the QR code available in the form.
Tech Writer's Tribe started its journey to strengthen the technical writers’ community on March 28, 2020 with webinars and online knowledge-sharing sessions. The journey continues……….
The Online Impact
- 125+ consecutive weekends of events
- 60+ presenters from India and abroad
- 10,000+ technical writers, API Documentation writers, and UX Writers as participants
- 75+ volunteers to contribute for the cause of community building
- TWT teams in multiple cities (Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata) and regions (such as NCR, Kerala and Gujarat)
The Road Ahead: In-Person ConferencesWith the world opening up after the COVID era, TWT brings to you a series of in-person conferences in multiple cities of India. After the first in-person conference in Hyderabad on Aug 20, the second conference is taking place in Bengaluru on Aug 27.
The ConferenceTech Writer’s Tribe (TWT) invites all technical writers to join the in-person conference in Bengaluru, the Silicon City of India.
- The Venue: Hotel Paraag, No 3, Rajbhavan Road, Near Vidhana Saudha ,Bengaluru - 560001
- The Date: 27th August 2022
- The Time: 9.30 AM - 1.30 PM IST
The ExpectationThe conference provides a platform for interaction, networking, and learning for technical writers from all levels, with segments tailored to suit:
- Technical Writers
- Technical writers who want to join or grow in the IT industry but are struggling and need guidance from the experts.
- Technical writers who want to leverage the power of community bonding.
- Mid-level or senior managers who want to achieve more with their team members and want to identify gaps.
- Passionate about trends
- Learn new trends that can help them as a technical writer.
- Understand how technical writing has evolved over the years.
- Understand how to use Technical Documentation as a third pillar of building a product.
- Understand the process of documentation.
- Hire skilled technical writers.
Session 1The Session: Alliance of User Assistance with User Xperience!! Alliance of User Assistance with User experience creates superpowers and enables you to
- Provide valuable UX feedback
- Gain customer perspective through usability testing
- Provide harmonized UI
- Access multiple resources through a common platform
- Four-eye principle inclusivity reduces rework effort on the UIThe Speakers: Thanuja V/Diana Divya/Poornima GCurrent Roles: User Assistance Development Architects at SAP (Bengaluru)
I am a User Assistance Development Architect at SAP. I am working at SAP for the past 10 years and on. I am a trainer for the DITA CCMS courses and UA Visibility course. I am a mentor for new UAs at SAP. My hobbies and interests are listening to music, binge-watching dramas on OTT platforms, practicing yoga, and reading articles. During the Work From Home phase, I started my baby steps in learning Carnatic music and Guitar.
I’m User Assistance Development Architect and Quality Engineer with 15 years of work experience at SAP. I have an overall experience in software documentation using Agile methodology. I’m QA and a trainer for DITA courses and mentor new UAs. My achievement is being recognized as SAP Champion for 2022. My interests are trekking, hiking, swimming, and yoga. The most recent is to ride a bike.
Diana Divya S V:
I am a User Assistance Developer Architect with SAP for about 10 years. I am a trainer and mentor for new UAs at SAP. My other interests include baking and reading. A newfound hobby during covid times is gardening!
Session 2The Session: Ikigai: Story Telling with Data using Videos Companies of today are pivoting from long form articles and written content to short, easy-to-consume, impactful data-backed videos with powerful narration. With this seminar, I would like to share the framework using videos as a medium to share stories, rich with data to clients and customers which enable them to make long-term business decisions. The Speaker: Haripriya Rao Current Role: Content Strategist at Quizizz Inc. (Bengaluru) _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ In her own words As a Content Strategist at Quizizz, I am the voice of the user in Engineering, Support, Sales and Marketing departmental meetings and I use these platforms to set the strategy for feature requests and marketing campaigns. I have created a personalized content marketing campaign (using videos), and they were shipped to 1000 US educational districts to drive value and increase our sales revenue for this year. We’ve seen an 8% increase in booked meetings this year with a conservative estimate of 20% more. I’ve also created How-to videos for enabling users to use the product themselves and we’ve received positive feedback from customers preferring watching the videos rather than reading the same content to use the tools. I’m wow-ed by period pieces, Carnatic instrumental music, Mythology and analyse marketing case-studies which enrich my day-to-day activities at work. Follow me on LinkedIn _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Session 3The Session: Cohesion in writing
Bring in logical flow to your writing, thereby enhancing cohesion, which in turn improves readability.
The Speaker: Vijaykarthik Sathiyamurthy
Current Role: Technical Editor, Automation Anywhere (Bengaluru) _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ In his own words I am a seasoned technical editor, with over 16 years of experience. Outside of work, the passionate interests include poetry and theater. I have been a theater actor, director, and acting coach and also conduct a weekend poetry workshop occasionally.
Follow me on LinkedIn ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Session: Panel DiscussionTopic: Trends in Technical Documentation and Tools With a mix of leaders and experienced Technical Writing professionals, the panel discussion intends to help you learn from the experience of panelists, explore what's trending and which could suit your career path. In addition, participants also get opportunity to share their thoughts and ask questions. The Panelists: Four Industry experts
Panelist 1: Nandini MukherjeeManager, Technical Publications, at Synopsys Inc In her own words
My work in the field of technical communication is deeply rooted in the substantial years of experience as a writer, software engineer, years of leadership role where I learned the value of good research, interviewing customers, examining use-group analytics, competitive analysis data, and learning complex technical concepts quickly.
Panelist 2: Mridula MenonSenior Manager Info Dev, Grey Orange In her own words
I am building and managing the Knowledge team that is responsible for bridging the gap between our products and its users. We are also committed to doing everything related to technical content that improves the CX.
Panelist 3: Nidhi Prashant AugustineUser Assistance Development Architect, SAP Labs In her own words
I have over 18 years of expertise in technical communication and academia. I am an User Assistance Development Architect but my responsibilities and interests go way beyond the regular activities. I have been training authors, doc. leads, and information architects on various tools and concepts. I have been also developing training content for documentation concepts for global audience. I have prepared training content from scratch for instructor led and self paced trainings. I am actively involved in mentoring budding information architects. I am also responsible for API documentation guidelines in my product area. I am a Brand Ambassador for SAP Labs India. I also have filed a patent in the field of Data Management. Outside of the office hours, loves to cook and bake.
Panelist 4: Rashmi AnneSenior Technical Writer at Cisco In her own words
I've over 17 years of content development experience across different domains. I've been with Cisco for nearly 11 years. I've a penchant for learning about technology, writing, and connecting with people. Being a technical writer helps amalgamate these passions. In my spare time, I love to learn about personal finance, watch documentaries, try out new food joints and fawn over YouTube videos of puppies, kittens, and babies.
Session 4: How Good a Technical Writer are you!
Group activity that involves teams working together to participate in multiple activities.
With the focus on encouraging innovation and research among the technical writers, Tech Writer's Tribe is initiating the Innovation Award. The first Award ceremony is set to take place during the Bengaluru Conference on Aug 27. Innovators from all parts of India can participate. While the work of all participants can be shared on the event page, the finalists must reach the venue to present their work where the audience will vote to decide the winner. Last date of Submission for Bengaluru Event: Aug 20
What is worth submitting as innovation!A work of technical writer (or a group of TWs) that has impacted the workplace positively, helping internal and external customers. The work must have been implemented and used by the users. It can include:
- Work on unique improvement of process
- Creating new tool
- Scripts/macros to solve a major challenge
- Any work where technical writers conceptualised and implemented with the help of developers / members of non-doc teams.
How do you submit!Follow these steps:
- Fill the Innovation Form.
- Send following to email@example.com:
- Your picture
- Any PDF or video file that you want to share to explain for innovation
- 1-minute video that explains your innovation.
Process after submission
- A five-members committee evaluates your innovation based on the factors, which you have answered in the Entry form.
- The final 3 winners are requested to present on Aug 27 during the conference at the venue.
- Nominations of others are displayed on the website (After your permission) with your picture for others to view.
- Prize worth INR 5000.
- Prize for individual category.
- Prize for group.
- Prize for all three finalists.
- The work of final three is considered for the Annual competition, which will be organised once a year.