01 May TWT UX Writing Academy
TWT Academy for UX Writing
The UX Writing Academy is here to help those who want to start career as UX writers. Whether you are a technical writer looking to add an extra feather in your professional cap to become well versed with UX and UI concepts or you are someone who wants to explore the professional world of UX writing, the course holds your finger, guides you in taking the baby step and directs how to grow up as a professional within 42 days of training.
- UX Writing Certificate Course of 6 Weeks: Rigorous training covering every aspect of UX writing.
- Customised Individual courses: 6 separate individual courses.
If you do not have spare time for 6-weekend long full course, join the weekend-special Instructor-led courses.
Who Can Join the Course!
- The course is open to UX enthusiasts across the globe.
- Anyone with a passion to create a great experience for end users.
- From any field or prior experience, with empathy directed writing skills.
- All who want to start a career in the UX field
What does the course Cover!
Take Away from Course
The complete course covers the key global requirements for a UX writer. To name a few,
- Wordsmith: Importance of picking the right word.
- Tools: The key tools required for this unique trade.
- Design Thinking: How to think about a problem and how to propose the solution.
- Product expertise: For example, writing for Software user interface, web Apps, and Chatbots.
- Microcopy: How to use it effectively.
- User advocacy: Understanding the user and advocating within team with solutions.
By the end of the course,
- You will have your basic UX concepts clear with an allocated mentor to guide you.
- You’ll have built your first UX Writing samples to include in your UX writing portfolio.
- Earn UX Writing Certificate from a popular and registered Training Institute.
About the Course
- Instructor-led Sessions + 1:1 Interaction
- 6 weekend, 24 hours for 12 online sessions
- 6 weekends, 42 days for unlimited offline interactions
- Learn directly from instructors in 12 sessions through examples.
- Practice offline at your convenient time, interact 1:1 and also in group.
Requirements for course!
- Desktop or Laptop (not mobile) with Internet connection
- Good command over written English
- Attention to follow instructions during the sessions
- Self-motivation to spend ample time during learning
- Basic familiarity with UX Writing (View TWT Video for reference)
Module 1: The User Experience world
- What is user experience
- Applications of UX
- Different UX methodologies
- Various roles in the UX field
- Key skills & experience required
A glimpse of UX research
- Stakeholder interactions
- Relationship building
- Types of research and various approaches to different methodologies
Overview of Practice project for the entire course
Module 2 – Welcome to the world of UX writing
- From Technical writing to UX writing
- Role & Responsibilities of a UX writer
- Deliverables from a UX writer
- Grounds of collaboration
- Writing driven by a design mindset
Starting with hands on- Project task 1
Module 3 – UX Writing Concepts & Best Practices
- User Centered Writing – Who | What | Wow
- Defining styles and content patterns
- Understand the impact of a defined voice & tone
- Map the tone across the experience
- Best practices
Brevity Vs concept
Check your content by listening to your customers
Project task 2
Module 4 – Hands-on with UX Writing
- Align UX writing with product development
- UI mindset
- Writing to respond—dialogs, CTAs & buttons
- Writing to convey —notifications, alerts & errors
- Writing to gather and organize information—lists & forms
- Writing to communicate —404 pages, progress indicators
- Industry examples
Project Task 3
Module 5 – Logistics of UX writing
- Content & structure validation
- Organization of your work
- Deliverable details
- User recruitment
- Usability test your writing
Project Task 4
Module 6 – UX Writing Job Market
- Journey of a UX writing career
- Relationship management
- The tools, apps & Soft Skills you need
- Explore Adobe XD
- Understand your strengths
- Job search
- Resources & Links
- Mentorship & Next steps
Project Task 5 (Your Portfolio)
How to Register
Batch 2 to start in March, 2022
Meet the Instructor: Ruchi Saxena
Ruchi has been working as a UX professional since a decade.
She been in love with art and design since the day she picked up her first crayon. Constantly drawing, doodling and making things as she grew up, she always knew that she wanted to pursue a creative career.
Currently associated with the Mainframe vertical of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company as a Research Strategist and constantly asking questions. In her free time – she loves to pamper her fishes at home, go on a drive without a destination and beautify her home garden. She is a voracious reader and envies Belle from ‘Beauty and the Beast’ for the library she was gifted.
She invests most of her time in becoming a better human, wife, mother, and creative.
Strongly believes in experience beyond barriers!
She is based at Plano (Texas), USA.
Frequently Asked Questions
TWT has completed one year in serving the Tech Writing industry. Starting with free webinars, TWT introduced certificate courses from October, 2020. In a short span of 6 months, TWT has already trained 700+ students coming from different countries of the globe. TWTs courses are famous for the human touch where we focus more on individual strength and improvement areas to help you get unskilled enough to start related job with confidence immediately.
- TWT is known for providing courses that help directly in getting a job and implementing the skills immediately at work. TWT UX Academy follows the same motto. Our unique instructor-led course makes sure you are skilled enough to work at global level.
- The course focusses on development of every individual, not only during the online sessions but also offline during the 42-days of whole course duration. Practicals and projects in-class, exercises outside class in groups are just some examples.
- A dedicated STUDY group is formed where apart from group discussions and learning, 1:1 interaction is ensured by TWT.
- The end of course is not the end of support from TWT. We stay connected to provide any on-job assistance also even after the course.
TWT offers multiple courses and students across the globe get benefitted. TWT UX Academy is also open for students across the globe.
TWT YouTube channel has multiple videos. Please refer to the links.
TWT prefers to keep the course fee as less as possible. Like our other courses, even for UX writing full course the fee is nominal when compared to global rates. Please visit the course pages to view customized fees for full course as well as Module-based individual courses too. The page provides details about applicable discounts too.
Yes. During the full course you work on multiple projects. By the end of course, you are ready with your own portfolio under 1:1 supervision of instructor.
Yes, apart from making you skilled enough and helping you prepare an outstanding portfolio to land a good UX writing job on your own, we offer additional help too. We help you get connected to companies and then help you with customised interview tips. On top of that we provide 1:1 supervision to all who attend full course.