30 Sep API Documentation Certificate Course
No understanding of code, no challenge. Join our Fundamentals of API documentation course to start your career as API documentation writer.
Registration for Batch 14
Registration is open for the next batch.
- Dates: Nov 19-20, 26-27, Dec 3-4
- Time: 10.30 AM-12.45 PM IST
- Understand and write code
- Prepare API documentation based on global templates
- Learn Postman and Swagger
The course is designed for all who are not aware about APIs or coding and want to start working as API documentation writer.
The course is spread over three weekends that includes:
- Total 12 hours of Online classes – 2 hours each on 6 days (Saturdays and Sundays)
- 21 days of offline interaction after the sessions in a separate Telegram group for students
- 270+ Tech Writers from different parts of India and World got benefitted so far.
- Some of the students have already started working as API documentation writer now.
Who can join!
Anyone who wants to excel in documenting APIs, understand basics of REST APIs, and practice on-the-spot using API development tools.
No prior experience in API documentation is required.
How to Register
As per the government, GST of 18% is applicable on all payments.
When using Option 1
- Full Fee: INR 5800 (With 18% GST – no processing charge)
- Group of 3: INR 5600 each (With 18% GST – no processing charge)
When using Option 2
- Full Fee: INR 6000 (With 18% GST + processing charge)
- Group of 3: INR 5700 (With 18% GST + processing charge)
Pay and register
- Option 1: Use QR Code (for banks in India) and save processing charge. Click to Register.
- Option 2: For Payments using Indian or non-Indian cards. Processing charges apply. CLICK TO MAKE PAYMENT AND REGISTER
What is API?
- Web services
- HTTP & HTTPS
- SOAP and REST APIs
- Learning how to write code in JSON
REST APIs (POSTMAN)
- Authorization & Authentication
- Query Parameters
- Creating API document
REST APIs (Swagger)
- Understanding OpenAPI Specs
- Testing APIs
- Creating API document
- Structure of an API document
- Grammar and sentence construction
- Best practices
- Tips and Tricks
- How your API doc website should look like
Takeaway from Course
Learn the basic of API concepts and how to document, get ready to face interviews related to APIs and start career as API document writer.
Requirements for participants
- Must have a Desktop/Laptop to work on exercises during the session.
- Must have POSTMAN downloaded to use for practice during the session.
- Must have access to Microsoft Teams from Laptop.
Meet the Trainer
Pallavi Deshpande is an accomplished Technical Writer with overall 15+ years of experience. Having helped organisations shape their Developer documentation strategy, she holds specialisation in production documentation also. Apart from product and API documentation, she loves to play around Docs-as-code using Hugo.