04 Jun Technical Writing Job Search: The Essentials
Are you a technical writer looking for a new job? If so, this workshop is for you!
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Write a winning resume and cover letter
- Ace your technical writing interview
- Network with other technical writers
- Land your dream job
The workshop will be led by Sumedh Nene, a seasoned technical writer with over 20 years of experience in the industry.
Having helped job seekers in India and abroad, he will share his expertise and advice on how to get your foot in the door and land your dream job.
View Recording of All 4 Sessions
As this is Mentorship Program, you can learn by viewing the recordings too.
To access recordings of all four sessions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Workshop
- How to write a resume and cover letter that will get you noticed by hiring managers
- How to prepare for a technical writing interview and ace your answers
- How to network with other technical writers and build relationships that can help you land your dream job
- The latest trends in the technical writing industry and how to stay ahead of the curve
TWT Mentorship Initiative to Help Job Seekers
Whether you are a fresher or experienced technical writer looking for a job in India or outside India, it is always a good idea to prepare in advance and make a planned approach.
Tech Writer’s Tribe Mumbai Team is introducing a series of workshops to help job seekers. Our expert, Sumedh Nene, will help you prepare for your dream jobs with this workshop spread over 4 sessions.
This mentorship initiative is conducted through online sessions of 4 workshops on 2 consecutive weekends.
All the participants need to register for the complete series of 4 workshops.
- Format: Online Workshop with demo and Q&A + hands-on wherever possible
- Duration: 2 hours for each workshop. Total 8 hours for the whole series.
- Domain: Purely from a Technical Communication perspective
- Being Found (Day 1)
- Resumes: (Day 2)
- Preparing for the Interview (Day 3)
- Portfolios (Day 4)
- Dates: June 17-18, 24-25
Timing of each session: 10.15 AM-12.15 PM IST
Testimonials about Sumedh
About the Program
– what to put on your profile
– what to update and where
– how to SEO optimize for your desired industry/domain
– best practices for engaging your connections
– LI hacks to reach the hiring manager directly
– Open to work badge – good or bad
Exercises: Craft a profile headline using the techniques discussed, Get the list of keywords to SEO the LI profile
Meet the Mentor: Sumedh Nene
20+ years of international experience in Technical CommunicationsSumedh has been helping job seekers of all streams and professions find and get jobs for over 10 years. This is not his profession, but his passion.
- helped them use LinkedIn effectively for job search
- prepared them for interviews
- helped optimize resumes for specific jobs and
- mentored them on creating attractive portfolios to WOW the hiring managers.
- Worked in the Bay Area for 8+ years with Cisco Systems, HP, Philips Components
- In Singapore & Australia for 6 years with Deutsche Bank, Levi’s, United Overseas Bank
- In Toronto for 8 years in public and private sectors and
- In India for almost 10 years with Persistent Systems, Philips Healthcare, TIBCO, Nvidia Graphics, among others.
Mentoring and Guidance
- Mentored MBA students from many B-schools
- Prepared for campus interviews
- Faculty at Rotman School of Business and George Brown College (Toronto), BITS Pilani, SIMS, SIBM, and PIBM in Pune.
Connect on LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/sumedhnene
TWT Mumbai Team
TWT Mumbai Team has organised multiple innovative online events in the past. The latest innovative event from them is this Interview series.
Interview Series conducted so far:
Team Members: Shrutika Kalgutkar, Saurabh Toraskar, Mugdha Morale
You can get in touch with the team members for any questions or if you want to contribute.