05 Oct Agile, DDLC, SME and Technical Writer
Posted at 12:41h in TWF 0 Comments
The 2-day course module helps you understand deliver documentation projects. In this module, we explain in detail DDLC and it’s relation with SDLC, how to work in an Agile project, working with SMEs, understanding product documentation and audience analysis, creating documentation plans, checklists, time assessment and task management.
Dates: May 6-7 (2.30-5.30 PM IST)
IMPORTANT!! Those who have registered for Technical Writing Fundamentals course should not register separately for this Module.
Inclusion in the Course
- Session = 6 hours in 2 days
- Helpline = Trainers available to help outside the session duration
- TWO project activities during the session for participants
- Reference toolkit for future usage
- Participation Certificate
Who Should Attend!
- All who want to make an impact with documentation projects.
- All who want to learn DDLC.
- All who want to learn how to work in Agile environment with reduced challenges.
- All who want to understand how to work effectively with SMEs.
- All who want to learn the art of time assessment and task management.
- All who want to learn the art of understanding product and audience analysis.
Day 1: DDLC and Audience Analysis
- What is Agile and how documentation fits into it
- SDLC and DDLC (all phases in detail)
- Understanding audience – user analysis – geography, culture, audience (persona)
Day 2: Product Documentation and Key Skills
- Understanding the product for documentation from a user perspective
- Methodology: Working in.a project (Agile, JIRA)
- How to use JIRA as a Key tool for documentation tasks and collaboration
- Important skills –
- Interviewing SMEs
- Creating Doc Plan
- Creating Check-lists
- Estimating Efforts
About the Instructor
Punit Shrivastava is involved in mentoring and helping technical writing community for a long time. He prefers sharing knowledge and learning with the focus on having a skilled community. He has 20+ years of experience in the field of writing that spreads across writing for English daily, The Asian Age, and 17+ experience in technical documentation.