21 Sep Technical Writing Certificate Course
The course prepares you to get skilled in the processes, standards, and tools knowledge required to start the career as a technical writer. The course also helps freshers as well as professional technical writers to face the workplace challenge of working in Agile implementing DDLC. Apart from the most popular and trending authoring tools, the course trains you to think like a technical writer in the IT industry.
See testimonials and success of our students from the last 9 batches. Click to view Testimonials
Course Name: Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course (Online) Batch 10 (REGISTRATION OPEN)
- Days of Training: 2 Months
- Sessions: 9 Weekends, 18 Sessions, 54 hours
- Dates of Sessions: Oct 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30, Nov 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 26-27
- Time: 2.30-5.30 PM Indian Standard Time (For all 12 sessions)
- Placement Assistance FOR FRESHERS
- Paid internships projects are available for those who finish exam with minimum 70% marks
Registration for full certificate course reached full capacity and had to be closed days before the first class.
Earlier, 8 Batches completed with full capacity in just above 1 years. Professionals from other domains have joined the full course and become skilled to grab opportunities as technical writer in the IT industry.
- Full course: 100+ students completed the course in one year
- Selected Weekly Modules: 100+ professionals from software documentation industry
- Students from multiple countries have participated
Register for full course
Register for Batch 10
Who can join!
- All who have started career but want to switch to Technical Writing.
- All Technical Writers who want to excel in Technical Writing and Project Delivery.
- All who want to start career as a Technical Writer.
- All who have taken a break in career and want to join the IT industry as a Technical Writer
Registration is open to people from all countries.
The fee includes 18% GST fee as per the Indian government rule.
- Individual Fee: INR 25,000
- Group of 3 or more/Homemakers/Students: INR
- Homemakers trying to start career (MUST BE STARTING WORK FIRST TIME – Not applicable to those who are starting work after a break)
- Early Bird Fee: INR 22,000
Common discount: Discount of 25% / 15% / 10% on total fee for TWT Annual members.
TWTs ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP: View Membership page for details.
How to Register
Pay and register: Select one of the following options:
- Option 1 (Fee without processing charges): Use for Banks in India. Use QR Code (All banks of India): Click to Register.
- Option 2 (Fee+Processing Charges): Use other payment options (Any Bank in India only): Pay amount with extra processing fee charged by Payment Gateway. Early Bird Fee : INR 23,500. Click to register using third-party option
Takeaway from Course
- Become an expert in Technical Writing English
- Learn how to write Concept, Task and Reference Topic
- Learn how to use DITA process
- Earn TW Certificate from a popular and registered Training Institute
- Learn how to understand a product and users like a technical writer
- Learn Multiple Documentation Tools: MadCap Flare, FrameMaker, Oxygen XML, Confluence, MS-Word, Markdown, GitHub, JIRA
- Learn about Agile Project Management process
Requirements for participants
Must have a Desktop/laptop during the session.
Week 1 (Oct 15-16)
Introduction to Technical Documentation and Technical Writing
- What is Technical Documentation
- Industry and Domains using Technical Documentation
- Key components of Technical Documentation
- Who is a Technical Writer?
- Key Skills Required
- How to be a successful Technical Writer
Style guides and Templates
- Types of Style Guides: MSTP, Chicago and others
- Templates: Concept, how to create a template
Week 2 (Oct 22-23)
Technical Writing English: The Key Skill for a TW
- Parts of Speech (According to technical documentation requirement)
- Syntax -(Sentence construction, Voice, Tense, wordiness)
- American English Standard
- Plain English
Week 3 (Oct 29-30)
Authoring Processes and Concepts
- Elements of Document (TOC)
- Modular Writing
- Topic-based writing
- Task-based writing
- Scenario-based writing
- Feature-based Writing
Documentation Quality Check
- Quality Measurement
- Readability Index
Week 4 (Nov 5-6)
Writing guides with global templates:
- User Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Getting Start Guide
- Release Notes
Week 5 (Nov 12-13)
Working in Agile with cross-functional Teams
- Working in Agile with multiple cross-functional teams
- SDLC and DDLC in Agile
- Using JIRA
- Interviewing SMEs
- Estimating Time and Task
Week 6 (Nov 19-20)
Nov 19 Introduction to DITA (3-hour Workshop) using OXYGEN XML
- DITA Concepts
- Using XML for DITA
- DITA Output
Nov 20 Confluence Workshop
Week 7 (Nov 26-27)
Learning Technical Documentation Tools
Nov 26- MadCap Flare Workshop
Nov 27 – FrameMaker (Structured) Workshop
Week 8 (Dec 3-4): Adobe RoboHelp and Markdown + GitHub
Learn how to create Markdown and AsciiDoc projects and work with GitHub and BitBucket, respectively. Also, learn how to create a portfolio page. The
- Learn Markdown to author technical documentation
- Learn how to work with GitHub using Markdown
- Learn AsciiDoc to author technical documentation
- Learn how to work with BitBucket using AsciiDoc
- Create a portfolio page using Jekyll
Dec 3: Adobe RoboHelp
Dec 4: Markdown + GitHub (View Course page)
Week 9 (Dec 10-11)
- Dec 9: Creating Video using Camtasia by Yuvaraj R
- Dec 10
- Working with Screenshot and Diagrams
- Writing for User Interface
- Preparing for interviews and resume management (Mock Interview)
- Closure of the Course with Open House and Exam
About the Instructor
The course will be conducted by 8 instructors led by Punit Shrivastava.
Punit Shrivastava is involved in mentoring and helping technical writing community for a long time. He prefers sharing knowledge and learning with the focus on having a skilled community. He has 20+ years of experience in the field of writing that spreads across writing for English daily, The Asian Age, and 17+ experience in technical documentation.