05 Oct The Guide Saga: Learn to write 4 Guides
The course is divided into 2 sessions and covers 4 technical documentation guides – Quick Start Guide, Getting Started Guide, User Guide, and Release Notes. With training, live exercises and demo, the course covers to share all required information such as templates and structure of every guide.
More than 70+ students have benefitted from the course in the previous batch. The students, belonging to multiple countries and companies ranging from Fortune 100 to Start ups have shared their thoughts about the course. View Testimonial.
Registration and Details
- Dates: April 29-30, 2023 (Check curriculum table at the bottom for details of each session)
- Time: 2.30-5.30 PM IST
Who can Join
- All who want to understand the complete global template of mentioned guides.
- All who want to understand technical writing standards for all the mentioned guides.
- All who want hands-on preparation of guides during the session with multiple examples and best practices.
What Does Every Session Include!
- Who Writing Workshop to build a guide
- How to create global Template Final assessment by TWT Instructor
- Recording for reference (Limited Period)
Takeaway for the Participants
- Template for all guides.
- Complete training about the guides that answers Why, When, What and How.
- Writing and Review Workshop: Create a guide on-the-spot as test and review
- Certificate from TWT (Registered Tech Writing Training Institute)
Schedule of Course
Day 1: Quick Start Guide and User Guide
Day 2: Getting Started Guide and Release Notes
Curriculum for All Guides
What the course covers for each guide!
- Identify Audience
- How to find the right User Persona
- Identify collaborators
- Project plan
- Delivery model
- Select Modern Global Templates
- For SaaS/Cloud
- For On-premise
- For Hardware Domain
- Design TOC
- Inclusion parameters
- Exclusion parameters
- Divide TOC into sections
- Write using documentation Standards
- Style guide
- Heading structure
- Grammar / Syntax / Presentation
- Apply the Authoring Process
About the Instructor
Punit Shrivastava is involved in mentoring and helping technical writing community for a long time. He prefers sharing knowledge and learning with the focus on having a skilled community. He has 20+ years of experience in the field of writing that spreads across writing for English daily, The Asian Age, and 17+ experience in technical documentation.