05 Oct Technical Documentation Tools Workshops
As part of Technical Documentation Workshops during the Technical Writing Certificate course, TWT helps you get started with multiple authoring tools. For the current batch, our experienced trainers will help you learn the following:
- July 22: Camtasia (Creating Videos)
- July 23: Confluence Workshop
- Aug 5-6 MadCap Flare (A 2-day workshop)
- Aug 12-13: Oxygen XML Author for DITA XML Project (A 2-day workshop)
- Timing: 2.30-5.30 PM IST
This is part of the Technical Documentation Tools Workshops that TWT offers under Technical Writing Fundamentals Certificate Course.
These workshops are useful for first-time users of a tool and help the participants get started with using the tool, creating multiple projects, and publishing the outputs.
You can register together for other weekend modules for technical writers: Click to Access
IMPORTANT!! Those who have registered for Technical Writing Fundamentals course should not register separately for this Module.
How to Register
- Reference toolkit for future usage (Not for Camtasia)
- Recording for a limited time
- Participation certificate
Who Should Attend!
- All who want to learn how to create technical documentation projects using a specific tool.
- All who want to apply for jobs where experience of such concepts is required.
- All who want to create documentation projects or videos.
July 23 Confluence Workshop by Mridula Menon
Fee: INR 2500
Explain what is a WIKI and how is it different from a CCMS.
How to create an account and set up Confluence
Parts of a Confluence Page
- Explain the menu items
- Explain the add ons
- Explain the templates
- Explain the purpose of Space
- Explain how to set up the Space as an admin
- Explain what are pages and how to structure them as per IA
- Explain various tools in pages
- Explain how to use the macros/add-ons
- Explain basics of Reporting
- What are labels
- How to structure labels.
- Basics of label management
SEO in Confluence
How does SEO work in Confluence
- How to use templates
- How to create templates
About the Trainer
Mridula is working as Senior Manager, Information Development at GreyOrange, Bengaluru. She is building and managing the Knowledge team that is responsible for bridging the gap between our products and its users. We are also committed to doing everything related to technical content that improves the CX.
She has extensive experience in using Confluence to create client-facing documentation sites and content.